Which Nail Gun to Buy – review
First of all Which Nail Gun to Buy
There are three basic types of nailer, framing nailer, siding nailer and a roofing nailer, Which Nail Gun to Buy?
Certainly each special purpose design outline follows:
The best framing nail gun is a heavier piece of equipment and is made to connect together larger pieces of timber in house construction.
Other frames where the joining of wood that require timber using 2 by 4’s.
The siding nailer is for fixing a thin piece of wood to another flush, to decorate finish a building.
The nails used are of a different design to that of a framing nail.
A roofing nailer is for fixing roof cladding to make the roof whether proof.
The nails have larger heads and are not over long to fix the material which is normally a soft composition.
The nailers work on a similar operation using compressed air as the operating medium.
Because a non electric nailer is useable in all weathers.
Above all the nail depth into timber easy to govern.
The nails are in a belt which is loaded into the nailer and this allows continuous use either single or multiple shot before reloading.
If viewing from Canada, France or United Kingdom articles selected to view may be substituted for an equivalent model if the selected model is not available in your country.
Following are the top five nailers:
BOSTITCH N66C-1 1-1/4-inch to 2-1/2-inch Coil Siding Nailer with Aluminum Housing
So that nail depth conveniently set, easy and fast with adjustable depth guide.
.Plastic inserted coil and wire weld nails can be driven in.
.Added durability from the lightweight aluminium design.
Due to a soft rubber foot protects soft woods.
.To direct the exhaust away from the operator it has a tool-free adjustable exhaust.
The nailer weighs 8.4lbs.
.Bostitch provides a one year limited warranty.
Is suitable to nail:
- Wood Siding.
- Fiber Cement Siding.
- Wood sheathing to light gauge steel.
The nailer can operate with 1.25” – 2.5” nails due to the powerful driving power of the Bostitch nailer.
The nailer can accommodate 350 wire weld or plastic coil nails in its magazine giving a long operating time before reloading.
The two firing modes, sequential and contact actuation are incorporated in the Bostitch coil siding nailer.
See the latest price of BOSTITCH here...
Hitachi NV75AN 1-3/4 Inch to 3-Inch Coil Siding / Framing Nailer
- Has the possibility of fitting either a contact or a sequential trigger.
- Also optimal fastener depth set by tool-less adjustment drive.
- To direct the exhaust air away from the operator with a 360 degree adjustable deflector.
- For a quick and easy re-load of nails a side load facility is provided.
- To free a nail jam an open nose design is a feature.
- For safety a clear plastic shield deflects wire collation from the operator.
- Because the 6.3lb. lightweight well balanced reduces operator fatigue
- For flexibility can drive wire or plastic sheet collated nails.
- Will drive nails as long as 3” x 0.131” diameter at 3 per second.
- A good job site tool capable of coli siding or framing nailing with convenience, power and precision.
See the latest price of Hitachi NV75AN here…
Hitachi NV65AH2 Coil Siding Nailer, 2-1/2-Inch
A selective actuation switch determines contact or sequential operation
.For easy loading of nails it has a side load, tilt bottom magazine, 200-300 magazine capacity.
.Wire and plastic sheet collated nails can be used for added flexibility.
.The depth adjustment is tool-less to set the optimal depth for the variations of applications.
.For safety wire collation is deflected by a plastic shield.
The unit weighs 6.4 lbs.
.It has a 5 year warranty.
.A pair of hex bar wrenches and safety glasses are supplied.
- It is lightweight.
- Two different firing options controlled by the nail gun trigger.
- Continuous firing option a nail is sunk into the the work surface each time the nose touches it.
- Ease of manoeuvring because light weight and a very good balance of the unit.
- All day use possible as it is not nose heavy and comfortable.
- The single shot upgrade not included in the price of the nailer.
- A few users have found the plastic shield keeps falling off, a shield replacement cures that..
See the latest price of Hitachi NV65AH2 here…
Max CN565S2 Max Siding Nailer
- A new slim guide contact arm to reduce nail bending and marks from the driver.
- A mechanism for reduce double nail firing, end cap that is maintenance free.
- The air exhaust has an easy to adjust.
- The depth depth control is dial adjustable, coupled with anti double fire mechanism.
- It has a nail magazine that loads easily.
Lock lever trigger mechanism.
- It weighs 6.8 pounds.
- There is a 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects and a contractor promise of 30 days.
.The design of the new slim guide contact arm can be found different to use for users of the more usual common designs.
.There were very few critics, one did state the he was expecting it to be made in Japan but discovered it was made in Thailand.
See the latest price of Max Siding Nailer here…
Makita AN611 1-1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Coil Siding Nailer
Operation control by the operator is by a three mode selector switch, contact, sequential and lock.
.To minimise debris and dust entering the nailer it has a built-in air filter.
.The easy loading nail canister has size adjustment to give maximum versaty.
.The exhaust air is directed away from the user by a multi directional port.
.Has a nine depth adjustment that is tool-less operation.
.It will take 1.25” – 2.5” nail sizes.
.To protect the work area rubber numbers are incorporated.
.To prevent the work surface from scratching it has a smooth nose tip.
.For handling comfort it has a rubber grip.
.To reduce noise a silent sheet is provided when the coupler is disconnected.
.The following are supplied:
- Supply of oil.
- 4 hex wrenches.
- Safety goggles.
- Plastic tool case.
- A one year warranty.
- The nailer unit weighs 5 lbs.
See the latest price of Makita AN611 here…
Which nailer gun to buy – recommendation
.Unless you have a special requirement then buying a nail gun does make the choice easier.
.With the choice in the market can be confusing, shingle nail gun, fencing nail gun, decorative nail gun or nail gun for framing.
.This review is to aid your decision in highlighting the benefits of the nailers reviewed.
.Our recommendation is the Makita AN611 1-1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Coil Siding Nailer.
.If a dual purpose unit is desired then the Hitachi NV75AN 1-3/4 Inch to 3-Inch Coil Siding / Framing Nailer is the best all around nail gun.
Which are the best tool sharpening systems?…more…