The Hand Held Circular Saw comes into its own when the use of a hand saw would not be practical or take to long.
The circular saw table is also ruled out if the size of the work piece is unwieldily.
The best lightweight circular saw can save a lot of time and give a good cutting edge.
There has to be all safety features required:
Saw blade to be automatically covered when starting the machine and when finished cutting
2 hands to be used to hold the circular saw
There are many saws on the market so to chose the best hand held circular saw for the price one is prepared to pay for it.
If viewing from Canada, France or United Kingdom articles selected to view may be substituted for an equivalent model if the selected model is not available in your country.
There are 5 top rated circular saws following with descriptive assessment of their benefits
VonHaus 10 Amp 7-1/4 inch Circular Saw – Corded Multi Purpose Tool includes 1 x 24T TCT Blade
Variable bevel angle settings from 2.5 inch at 90degrees to 1.67 inch at 45degrees.
While compact and lightweight. Due to the ergonomic designed handle. Provides the operator easy control
Built in blade safety lock when not in use. So prevents accidental activation.
The product is also for DIY and Trade users.
Consequently cuts through various materials.
Giving you peace of mind a top rated manufacturer.
Makita 5007F 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
Also, some features that make it stand out from many of its competitors. As a result some of them listed below:
- It gives up to 5800 Revs/min from a 15.0 amp powerful motor.
- Built in 2 L.E.D. Lights to illuminate the cutting line.
- A built in dust blower to clear the cut line.
- An advances fan design to keep the motor efficiently cool.
- Alternative power source with an AC/DC switch.
- Engineered with an all ball bearing construction to give long tool life.
- The heavy aluminium gauge base for durability improvement.
Above all the higher powered saw. Maybe, considered as the best hand held circular saw.
Hitachi have produced a powerful and the best lightweight circular saw of its production.
It has had very good reviews from those who have purchased the product.
The features of the saw follows:
A 15-amp motor running at 6,000 revs/min.
A reduction of vibration with a soft grip handle to increase comfort in use.
A built in dust blower to keep the line of sight clear of dust and debris.
Depth of cut lever with adjustments made simple and quick.
With a weight of only 91/2 lbs makes handling non tiring.
Purchase a rip fence if required.
With such a well known brand there will be the expectation of being a good product.
This small electric saw for cutting wood and other materials is a must have for the hobbyist working in a limited space.
The following benefits are;
A small but powerful 6-amp motor capable of dealing with a variety of materials.
It has a worm drive gearing so capable of delivering the power needed from a small motor
Has two positions for the cutting wheel so able to make a flush cut.
Most noteworthy, an external dust collection port so minimise cleaning.
An imported product making the possibilities of spares not readily available.
Hence, the tool, also a one handed operation. Furthermore is a small electric saw for cutting wood and a range of other materials.
- Variety of saw blades.
- carrying bag.
- Clip on plate to prevent scratching.
- Saw fence.
- Lightweight and capable of one handed operation.
- Has a Laser-guide indicator to facilitate accurate line following
- Easy to set depth cutting indicator
- Has a powerful 4.0 amp motor which is capable of cutting a variety of materials
- Has a plunge cut system with indicators showing the exact entry of the blade.
- The spring on the plunge cut system is too strong
- Also, hand position and on/off trigger mechanism found awkward for some operators.
Hand held circular saw – Conclusion:
For the woodworker requiring a strong powerful top rated circular saw. Therefore the Makita 5007F 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw, certainly the best hand held circular saw.
For the operator requiring the best lightweight circular saw there is a possible choice of two:
Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Circular Saw or the Dremel SM20-02 120-Volt Saw-Max Tool