Electric Hand Planers
This electric hand planer review is designed to enable the user to remove wood quickly without a lot of physical effort.
The result from using an electric hand planer is not the excellent finish obtained from a conventional hand plan.
It will depend on what the user is aiming to achieve from the finished product.
The amount of wood that can be removed with an electric hand planer is a comparatively easy to set.
The electric hand planer has 2 planning surfaces the one before the rotary cutters is for setting the depth of cut.
If planning a long section attempt to make the cut in one pass and ensure that the back planning surface is kept in constant contact with the piece being planned.
The second is the finished depth required and it is essential that this plan is kept in firm contact with the wood being planed once it is contact with it.
This will also determine how level the resulting planing action will be.
The resulting finish of the planing action will detrimental how sharp the rotating cutters are.
If viewing from Canada, France or United Kingdom articles selected to view may be substituted for an equivalent model if the selected model is not available in your country.
- It delivers of 34,000 cuts/minute from the 6 amp motor.
- The depth adjustment ranges from 0 to 1/8” with 16 steps of 1/128” increments.
- So a 5/16” rabbeting guide to allows rabbets up to 1” in size.
- Only 6 lbs in weight.
- There is a kickstand to prevent damaging the electric hand planer blades.
- The dust bag provided. Fits on either side of the planer.
- A parallel fence bracket is to keep the cut straight and parallel to the work piece.
- A warranty of 2 years.
- The front base plate has a ‘V’ grove to enable to flatten sharp corners.
.Because varied reviews of this planer. Certainly test the machine on receipt. Consequently problems can be rectified under warranty.
Purchasers in the 4 and 5 star bracket consider the Wen planer to be a very good product for the price.
- The 6 amp motor is a strong heavy duty power unit delivering 16,500 revs/min.
- The front short foot plate has three grooves to permit chamfering corner edges.
- The front folded knob is to set the depth of cut up to 5/64” in 10 steps.
- Dust extraction position is possible on either side of the plane and a dust bag is included.
- Above all planer delivered in a sealed box.
- Most noteworthy a kit.
- Contains two carbide and two high-speed cutting blades.
- A limited warranty of three years.
- It weighs 13.2 lbs.
- The low-profile and comfortable grip gives a smooth operation.
- This electric hand planer has a very powerful 7.5 amp motor that delivers 16,000 revs/min.
- It has a cutting width of 3-1/4”.
- The depth of cut is 5/32” and it is possible to take this depth in a single pass.
- Because depth of cut set, with easy to read adjusting knob, with set stops of 0.1mm.
- It has a two bladed cutting head.
- Also Included:
- An assembly blade gauge wrench.
- Blade set guide rule.
- Depth guide.
- With a rubberised handle and only weighing 7.3lbs makes it a comfortable tool to use.
- The handle incorporates lock-on/off switches on both side so making it accessible for left and tight handed users.
- The three groves on the front short depth plate has three grooves of depths of 4mm, 3mm and 1.4mm.
- Most noteworthy swarf ejection from either side of the planer.
The critical customer reviews were very few so it shows that Makita is a very good product.
- The 7.0 amp heavy duty motor delivering 15,000 revs/min can give a even smooth finish on hard woods.
- Therefore with maximum cut of 3/32″ in a single pass.
- As a result several passes to remove large amount of wood.
- The cutting heads can use high speed sharpen-able blades or carbide blades.
- Accurate square rabbet joints is obtainable.
- With the precision-machined shoe bottom.
- Also an ergonomically designed handle.
- Weighs 6.2lbs.
- So the electric hand planer a comfortable tool to use.
- Made in China.
It has an easy adjustable bevel fence and a park rest stand that is spring loaded.
The micro-grain carbide blades are very durable that will cut through wood and some metals with ease..
The cutting head can be easily converted to take any large high speed steel blades of performance.
.The easy to read rachet depth knob for setting an accurate depth of cut.
An ambidextrous Lock-off release button gives safety to prevent accidents.
A shop-vac adapter is provided to assist keeping swarf scattering to a minimum.
In the package the following are included:
- Carrying case.
- Bevel Guiding Fence.
- Chip bag.
- Blade Wrench.
With a 11-1/8” shoe length it only weighs 6lbs.
Recommendation of the Electric hand planers
This electric hand planer review looked at the five top electric hand planers and our recommendation is the Makita KP0810 7.5 Amp 3-1/4-Inch Planer as it showed it had the most benefits of all the other electric hand planers.
This was borne out by the very low number of critical reviews submitted by critical Verified Purchasers.