This electric drill review is to show the Best Cordless Drill under 150 dollars.
With the introduction of the lithium-ion battery to the cordless drill market it provided the boost to make the the cordless drill more acceptable.
The lithium-ion battery has the benefit of less weight and greater density of power, this combination gives an increase improvement of performance of cordless drill machines.
For the handy man use around the house the more expensive cordless drill could be a deterrent expenditure for the amount of use the drill is required to do.
For the tradesman it is an asset not having to also carry extension cables and the other possibility that working on site where there is no electric power easily available.
The most preferred models have a battery range between 18-20 volts, there are some 28 & 36 volt models but the drills had more power but were heavy and unwieldy.
The 12 volt machines were lighter, but the battery limited the length of useable operating time.
If viewing from Canada, France or United Kingdom articles selected to view may be substituted for an equivalent model if the selected model is not available in your country.
Following is a selection of the Best Cordless Drill under 150:
The following are design points advertised by the manufacturer:
- Compact lightweight design.
- Covers all the tasks of drilling wood, plastic and metal.
- The 20 volt Lithium Ion battery is compact and iight.
- Has an eleven position clutch that provides control when drilling and screw driving operations.
- The logo and colour can vary depending on production date.
- Being light and compact makes the drill very useful in confined spaces.
There have been a number of adverse reviews but the percentage in comparison with the number of units sold is very low.
Most are product complaints that can be resolved by checking the product early for operation faults and any manufacturing faults and returning for a replacement within the exchange period.
This model has some very good attributes:
- Can take up to 1/2’ drill.
- A 20 volt powerful motor.
- For illumination has a built in LED work light.
- A built in indicator showing battery charge state.
- The speed delivery is via a 2 speed gear box.
- The drill weighs only 3.5 lbs and less than 8” in length making usage convenient and not fatiguing.
- Battery charger and battery are included.
This drill has a high review rate and the percentage of very low reviews is small.
This model only comes with one battery.
Hitachi DS18DGL 18-Volt Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 Inch Compact Drill Driver Kit (Lifetime Tool Warranty)
This drill is advertised with the following:
- A Hitachi lifetime tool warranty.
- A 2 year battery warranty.
- A powerful torque to cope with tough applications.
An effective LED light for illumination.
- For simple and quick drill bit replacement a ratcheting 1/2” keyless chuck.
- 22 torque settings to provide control and precision.
- A variable speed trigger.
- The carrying case includes 2, 18 volt batteries and a battery charger.
The reviews were generally very good.
The few low reviews were mainly concerned with quality control of the Chinese made product.
Bosch PS31-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch 2-Speed Drill/Driver Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- This light and compact drill is ideal for overhead work and in confined spaces.
- A 3/8” chuck with a single sleeve to allow most of the common applications.
- Speeds of 350/1300 revs/minute for drilling and driving..
Battery fuel gauge for fuel management.
- LED light to illuminate the work area.
This drill under an independent test was capable of performing well against drills with the 18/20 volt counterparts but the small size of the battery put limits on its overall capacity.
Ideal for use around the house and would be the possible choice for female mechanic. Being imported could be subject to difficulty of obtaining Bosch electric drills parts replacement.
The Kit comprises of the following:
- Has 2 variable speeds 450 and 1500 revs/minute to providing optimal performance.
- Due to compact size to allow use in confine area.
- Furthermore limits operator fatigue.
- A single sleeved 1/2” keyless racket chuck to allow quick bit changes.
- Weighs 5.2 lbs.
- The motor has a maximum power output of 380 watts.
- A contractors bag containing the following items:
- A one hour battery charger.
- 2 Batteries each providing 1.2 Amp hrs.
- A kit box.
- And a double ended screwdriver bit.
This drill has sold very well and the reviews are very encouraging.
The top reviewers all consider the drill an excellent piece of equipment.
Of course there are some negative ones but the percentage is very low.
Being an imported item this could be due to poor inspection control.
The best advise check any imported tool for defects. Hence return it if suspicions.
Recomendation of the best cordless drill under 150 dollars
What is the best brand cordless drill to buy for under $150.
The cordless drill that has all the requirements wanted by the user is the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit.
All the drills under review are at present available under $100. Because many imported, a price increase. As a result with the exchange rate, go over the $100.
If it is budget limitation on the purchase the Black and Decker could be the drill to consider.